Skin peel or chemical peel is a cosmetic treatment which is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the facial skin. A chemical solution (fruits & milk derivatives) is applied to the face to peel off the top layers of skin which leads to smoother, healthier new skin growth which appears less wrinkled than the old skin.
What Conditions Do a Chemical Peel Treat?
Chemical peels are performed on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging and family history
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills (melasma)
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color
How Many Peels Do I Need?
Whilst you may see some very minor benefits after a single superficial peel. We recommend a course of six peels, one or two weeks apart. This will give the best results, as superficial peels are gentler the full benefits of the peel build up over a course of six treatments.